You may have seen that I put a lot of photos in my blogs. I like it, and I find the process inspiring, and it often leads to an insight as the subconscious can come through by indicating a preference for a particular picture. When I reflect on the choice, I often see there is a deeper meaning to it and something that I was reaching for in my writing… I would be interested if you have the same experience. Let me know in the comments.
So here is a step by step guide on how to add Flickr pictures to your posts and more importantly only use ones that you are allowed to and give attribution to the original author.
- Find the image that you want on Flickr.
- Searching ONLY photos you are permitted to use
- Flickr has great tools to help you narrow your search
- Set the license type to – Creative Commons (google it if you don’t what it means)
- Finding the right picture
- Add the selected photo to your post
- You also need to give attribution to the photographer as this is often a condition of the licence. Besides, it is a nice thing to do.
- The finished product ready for your words.
Image Credit: criptak.h